EMBELIA: a packaging company covering primary packing since the early 20th century VG
- 1938 : Creation of VERRERIES GENERALES whose main mission was the distribution of glass produced in the Bresle Valley
- 1950 : Development of pharmacy retailers with the trading of glass bottles
- 1960 : Extension of the range. The company worked on multi-materials base and offers plastic products
Slogan « le service complet à la clientèle » (the full service for the customer)
- 1966 : VERRERIES GENERALES joined the SAINT GOBAIN group
- 1980 : Growth of « cosmetic » activity. Development of its own ranges with its own moulds
- 1983 : Verreries générales became VG EMBALLAGE then SAINT GOBAIN VG EMBALLAGE, a stakeholder of SAINT GOBAIN DESJONQUERES then SGD in 2007
- 2000 : International development .VG EMBALLAGE entered into international markets nowadays is present in more than 50 countries.
- 2018 : VG EMBALLAGE changes its names into EMBELIA « le packaging full service »
EMBELIA is now a subsidiary of the SGD PHARMA group
Our missions: from design to distribution of packaging solutions
EMBELIA is a supplier recognised for the quality of its services to professionals in the industry. A distributor of packaging that designs, manufactures and distributes its ranges of products.
- Designing, developing and validating solutions for bottling, capping, decoration and accessorising for markets in beauty, health and other industries (nutrition, home care, gardening, chemicals etc.).
Our solutions cover all materials traditionally used in packaging: glass, plastic, aluminium
- Selecting top partners as needed.
- Industrialising, supplying, stocking, selling and distributing our items to clients with a maximum of flexibility.
EMBELIA has strong assets recognised in the packaging and primary packing sector. Our company is distinguished by:
- A long-tasting experience in the development of primary packing solutions.
- Specialised and trained teams for each of the markets
- Proximity to our clients thanks to our commercial teams and branches.
- A network of partners and manufacturing sub-contractors that is rigorously selected
- Purchasing capacity enabling us to ensure the best terms for our clients.
- Real technical know-how: EMBELIA owns its own research department responsible for the design of our own lines, certification of third-party articles in our catalogue and technical validation of client projects.
- Ownership of industrial tools: as a producer of standard lines, EMBELIA invests in its own industrial tooling with the aim of controlling quality and productivity.
- A logistics organisation facilitating adaptation to your specific needs.
EMBELIA in figures
Distribution leader in France and with operations across Europe on a daily basis, EMBELIA, can be summed up as follows:
- More than 2,500 active clients per year.
- 150 million glass, plastic or aluminium bottles per year, plain or accessorised.
- 250 million accessories per year.
- 550 moulds owned by EMBELIA.
- 1,500 items in stock, 11,000 possible combinations.
- Deliveries to over 50 countries.
- 98 % : Equity gender index 2019 *
*Equity gender in terms of remuneration according to 5 indicators given by the french ministry of labour.